Sunday, February 1, 2015


   How quickly time flies, days turn into weeks, weeks into months, and months into years.  Speaking of years, it's been years since I have posted on here and months since we celebrated this grand event.  I can't think of a better event to blog about than the completion of many years worth of hard work culminating into two degrees for my daughter, Alyssa.  It was so much fun celebrating the end of one season and the beginning of another for this precious person that I am blessed to call my daughter.  
  The celebration included family and friends that have been a big part of our lives and I was able to do one of my favorite things...prepare a banquet table.  I always picture God setting a banquet table before us and this is what inspires my thoughts, plans and service.  Sometimes I even go over-board planning but never even close to what heaven's banquet table will look like.  This party was no exception, it was simple but grand at the same time.  There was good food and sweet fellowship.  I wanted it to be a very blessed day and it was.  God graciously answered my prayers for the day and for Alyssa. 
  Since this is a post about Alyssa and her graduation let me just share a few things about her for anyone who may read this and not know her.  Alyssa is a young lady who loves God and if you meet her you will know this about her without anyone telling you.  Secondly, she loves people and I can't emphasize this enough.  She loves to encourage and cheer you on in whatever you might tell her.  She is happy and encouraging but she is also strong and say it like it is kind of girl. She is hard working and she is a person of great integrity.  She sounds pretty wonderful, right?  She is. 
  So take a peek at our fun day.  I will be back with recipes another day. Thanks for taking time to share in life with us.  Let me leave you with this.  Ecclesiastes 3:1  There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven.  This was an appointed day and a very special one.  Finally, I want to say a great big thank you to our great God who ordains all things and saw fit to give us such a blessed day.
 












No comments:

Post a Comment