Sunday, January 22, 2012

Coconut Thumbprint Cookies With Caramel




Recipes, recipes and more recipes, which one to make today, hmm.  This is always the dilemma. Today's recipe was in the most recent issue of Martha Stewart Living Magazine.  It just looked  like such a fun wintery, special occasion, kind of cookie to use my jar of Trader Joe's caramel sauce.  I had been looking at that caramel in the cupboard for a week, contemplating how I might use it and then I came across this recipe. It was settled. These really are yummy if you like caramel and coconut.  Next time I would drizzle a little chocolate over the top as well. I think that combination would really be great.  My husband just loved these cookies and I hope you do too.  I have a few ( as in hundreds :) ) tried and true recipes I will be posting soon.


1 1/2 sticks butter, room temp
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1 large egg, lightly beaten
6 oz. flaked coconut 
large flaky sea salt
Trader Joe's Caramel Sauce


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat together butter and sugar with the mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy, then beat in vanilla. With mixer on low, gradually add flower and half teaspoon of table salt, and beat to combine.Press dough together in plastic wrap,then roll into one inch balls. Deep each ball into beaten egg,  and roll in coconut. Place balls on parchment-lined baking sheets, and press indent into each with your thumb. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove sheets from oven, and re-press indentations. Bake cookies until golden. 9-10 more minutes. Let cool. Then fill centers with caramel sauce and sprinkle with sea salt. 







Enjoy!


xo,
  Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment