Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Not Your Average Monkey Bread



Sunday is definitely my favorite day of the week.  I love Sundays for a few reasons.  It's the day we meet at church to worship and fellowship.  It's the day my older children gather at our home for family meals and it's also the day I cook breakfast for 50 to 100 wonderful college students.  Now you can see why I love it so much and yes, I do love cooking for that many students.  I try to think of new recipes and use tasty, quality ingredients because I want them to feel special.  This week we made individual egg souffles, a fruit platter and this delicious monkey bread.  I believe the recipe came from the famous Pioneer Woman.I love her and her monkey bread and I hope you do too.

          Normally, I would use a muffin tin and I did for the college students but at home I wanted to use my heart ramekins. After all, it's almost Valentines and these would be delicious for that special someone.I put a little butter in the dish or tin then sugar and cinnamon.
Now, I put my thawed frozen roll that I cut into thirds ( but in this case I actually added a little more because these dishes are a little bigger than the tins.)
Finally, I put more butter and sugar and then I sprinkled it with more cinnamon.  Now it's time to bake them.  After they are baked just pour sweetened condensed milk over the top of them and let them sit a minute if you can resist that long. 

Ingredients

  •   Frozen Bread Dough Dinner Rolls ( Cut Into Thirds)
  • Butter
  • Sugar
  • Ground Cinnamon
  • Sweetened Condensed Milk

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Add 1/2 teaspoon butter to muffin tins. Sprinkle in sugar and cinnamon.
Roll dough into walnut sized balls (or cut dough into thirds). Place three into each muffin tin.
Top with 1/2 teaspoon butter. Sprinkle on more sugar and cinnamon.
Allow dough to rise, if applicable, or just go ahead and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
Remove from oven and immediately drizzle plenty of sweetened condensed milk over the top of each one. Be generous! Allow rolls to sit for a little while to absorb sweet, sticky milk.






1 comment:

  1. Oh my, Mrs. Tina!!! The first photo made me fall in love!!! That is the Cutest thing I have ever seen. I love it :)
    xoxo
    In Christ,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete